Membership in the IIOA
Membership is open to any individual or institution with an interest in the field of the Association. Membership fees are set in US$, but can also be paid in Euros. The Euro amounts follow the exchange rate published by the Austrian Central Bank, they are adapted at the beginning of a calendar year whenever the exchange rate has shifted beyond 10% from the rate previously applied.
From 2008 onwards, the membership contribution for individuals living in High-Income Countries (World Bank Definition) has been US$60 (which currently translates into 57€) per year.
IIOA also offers a discount rate for IIOA membership to students and also for members living in particular countries. The discount membership rate is US$15 or €14 per year. Individuals living in countries not belonging to the group of High-Income-Countries (World Bank Definition) are offered the discount rate. If you want to know whether your country falls into that category, please look at the table below!
Members receive free printed copies of and free electronic access to our journal "Economic Systems Research".
For joining the IIOA as individual member please either register online in our new web-based administration system
or contact our treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The membership fee for institutions is US$1,000 or €950 per annum. An institutional member of IIOA...
- is displayed on the IIOA website as a sponsor, including Logo, address, contact link.
- can publish and/or advertise ("hot news" alerts) its Input-Output data through our website.
- can post job-offers searching for input-output experts ("hot news" alerts).
- can nominate 3 representatives who receive printed copies of our ESR journal and get full online access to all ESR journals published and contacts to the entire IIOA network of over 600 IO experts world wide. These 3 representatives can be substituted at any time, for any desired period of time.
- can send an unlimited number of staff members to our global input-output conferences at the members discount rate.
- receives an individualized signed invoice such that membership can be taken into the books as a company expense.
Discount Rate Countries
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Congo, Dem. Rep
Egypt, Arab Rep.
Iran, Islamic Rep.
Korea, Dem Rep.
Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
Papua New Guinea
São Tomé and Principe
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza
For joining the IIOA as institutional members fill in the application form and contact our treasurer at